Britney Turns Down $10 Million X Factor Offer

Written by admin. Posted in Rumours

Britney Spears has reportedly been offered $10 million to judge the US version of ‘The X Factor’, but sources say she is holding out for more.

The ‘Hold It Against Me’ singer’s fiance and manager Jason Trawick is said to have “been negotiating for some time”, with ex ecutives for the talent search show.

One source told E! news Britney has been offered the huge sum to appear on the second series of the show – which returns later this year – but she’s said to be holding out for $16 million.

The first run of ‘The X Factor’ was judged by show boss Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid, Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul, although the latter two were subsequently axed after it failed to achieve the ratings Simon had hoped.

Simon is said to have initially approached Britney, and recently admitted he was “fascinated” by her and think she would be ideal for the show.

He said: “I would think that if she’s managed to sustain in her family life in a career which is tough, this is a walk in the park.”

Janet Jackson was also rumoured to have been offered the judging role, but turned it down because of touring commitments.

A high ranking ex ecutive for the show told The Hollywood Reporter the perfect candidate would be someone based in Los Angeles with not just success in the music business, but who is also a parent who wants to spend time with their children.

Source: NZ City

Britney Recording Again Last Night

Written by admin. Posted in Circus

According to Socialite Life, Britney was spotted leaving a recording studio in the early hours of this morning.  She must have headed straight for the studio after leaving the Generation Rescue event she attended earlier in the evening.

This marks the 5th time this month that Britney has been seen at the studio, after sessions on the 1st, 10th, 13th and 14th of July.  Keep it up Brit, it must feel good for her to be working again!

Britney's Custody Settlement Details Surface

Written by admin. Posted in Custody Battle, Personal Issues

Less than eight months after an epic meltdown that led to a court taking away her children, Britney Spears is reclaiming her role as a mother — to the point where she may be with her boys nearly half the time.

Attorneys for the pop singer and ex-husband Kevin Federline reached an agreement Friday that allows Spears three visits a week from Sean Preston and Jayden James, including two overnights with potential for more. If all goes well, she could have 2-year-old Sean Preston and 1-year-old Jayden James roughly 40 percent of the time, her attorney, Laura Wasser, told The Associated Press.

The agreement not only increases Spears’ time with her sons, but also removed need for a trial scheduled for next month to resolve lingering visitation and financial issues.

The positive change on the home front comes as Spears’ career also seems to be rebounding. She is spending the summer working on a new album, recently taped an appearance that will be shown during Madonna’s upcoming tour, and made a couple of well-received cameos on the television show “How I Met Your Mother” earlier this year.

Spears’ increased involvement in her boys’ lives was almost unimaginable in January, when the 26-year-old twice had to be removed from her home by authorities and was committed to a psychiatric ward.

Federline was awarded full custody shortly thereafter and Spears did not see her sons for nearly two months.

Since then, Spears has gradually been granted longer visits. In late June, she was was alotted one overnight visit a week with her sons, Wasser said.

Spears will gain more overnight visits between now and the end of the year, Wasser said. The agreement also includes a “slight increase” in child support payments to Federline and covers his attorney’s fees.

“The fact is, it’s a win for the family,” Wasser said.

Federline’s attorney, Mark Kaplan, whose fees have been paid by Spears and have been the subject of disputes, also lauded the outcome Friday.

“This has been a long ordeal and to have that over is something that makes him extremely happy,” Kaplan said in a brief statement after the courthouse meeting.

The couple were married in 2004 and finalized their divorce last July and have wrangling over custody issues for several months since then.

Kaplan declined to discuss specifics of the agreement, which still needs to be filed to Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner Scott Gordon. Gordon met with Wasser and Kaplan for more than 40 minutes Friday, but did not issue any rulings or take up the case in open court.

Friday’s agreement is fairly typical of custody disputes even if the parties are not, said Charlotte Goldberg, a family law professor at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles.

“The courts do like parties to agree to custody rather than go through a trial,” she said.

A trial would have almost certainly garnered throngs of reporters and photographers, which Goldberg said could have stymied Spears’ progress.

“I think for Britney’s sake, it would be better to avoid more publicity,” Goldberg said.

The scene Friday was in stark contrast to previous court appearances, when Spears has been mobbed by photographers and in one incident, set foot in the courthouse in cocktail party attire only to suddenly leave before attending her hearing.

The cameras came Friday. Spears did not.

Wasser said Spears has been motivated in recent months by her children and re-establishing her career, which eight months ago seemed to be as teetering as her personal life.

Her legal woes, however, are not over.

A hearing has been scheduled for July 31 about whether her father, James Spears, will continue to control her personal and financial affairs. Once that is resolved, a misdemeanor driving without a license charge can dealt with.

But Wasser acknowledged that Spears has come a long way in eight months.

“The difference from the beginning of this year to now is astonishing,” Wasser said.

Source: The Associated Press

Britney To Get Increased Visitation & Overnights

Written by admin. Posted in Custody Battle

Kevin Federline may be on his way to receiving sole custody, but he’s not the sole winner in his battle with Britney Spears.

Attorneys for both sides met with Superior Court Commissioner Scott Gordon this morning in a bid to get final approval for a deal that would give K-Fed retain primary physical custody of sons Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1. Spears, meanwhile, will get a boost to her current visitation rights—with the possibility of much more to come.

The deal would also preempt a trial in the case.

“She gets increased visitation and additional overnights, and once the conservatorship ends, she will ask the court to change it back to a shared 50/50 legal and physical custody,” a source close to Spears told E! News.

Laura Wasser, attorney for the 26-year-old “Gimme More” singer, told reporters outside the courtroom that Spears is more than happy with the terms of the deal.

“Britney is really pleased,” she said. “She has the kids today.”

Pleased or not, while the deal is as good as done, it’s not yet on the record books, despite this morning’s hearing.

“I believe we will come to an agreement and the agreement will be converted into a legal document sometime in the future,” Kaplan said. “I will not comment on the terms of the agreement. It will not be filed today.

“Right now it is a private agreement. It has not been turned into an order.”

“Nothing has been filed,” court spokesman Alan Parachini confirmed. “A resolution is imminent. What that is, don’t know, because we haven’t seen it yet.

“Neither Britney nor Kevin came to court today. But [the attorneys] did indicate they are working on a settlement.”

Meanwhile, when the conservatorship of Spears’ estate ends, a source says the singer plans to ask the commissioner to restore shared custody—terms similar to what the couple had prior to her January meltdown.

News of a settlement in the long-gestating, headline-grabbing case broke last night, when Federline attorney Mark Vincent Kaplan told E! News “all the issues that would have been addressed at trial have been settled.”

Source: E! Online

Britney Pleased With Custody Settlement

Written by admin. Posted in Custody Battle

Britney Spears and her ex Kevin Federline have reached a custody settlement in their epic court battle over their two sons – averting a scheduled trial.

According to the agreement, which still needs to be signed off on by the court, Federline retains sole custody of the couple’s two sons, Preston, 2 1/2, and Jayden, 1 1/2. Spears – who’s currently allowed two visits and one overnight per week – will get more visitation rights.

“The case has been settled,” Federline’s attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan (working with attorney James Simon), tells PEOPLE. “This is the end of a two-year journey.”

Spears’s attorney, Laura Wasser, said outside the courtroom after the hearing: “Britney’s doing great. She’s very pleased [with the settlement]. The kids are with her right now.”

Without giving details, Wasser confirmed that Spears did win “more custodial time” with the boys. A source close to Spears confirms the singer will gain an additional overnight by year’s end, barring any setbacks.

Spears, 26, and Federline, 30, split in November 2006. When their divorce was finalized in July 2007, they shared 50-50 custody. But things took a dramatic turn when Spears – the pop powerhouse worth an estimated $100 million – was twice forcibly hospitalized early this year for mental health issues.

Spears lost all visitation rights with her kids until the following month, and her father Jamie stepped in to take legal control of her affairs.

Despite the settlement, a judge can always modify custody arrangements.

“Until the kids turn 18, we can expect in years to come that Britney and Kevin will be back in court,” says L.A. family lawyer Lynn Soodik, who is not involved with the case. “Britney will have a better chance of winning more custody once she regains her health. This is just the end of Round One.”

Source: People Magazine

Britney Ends Battle To Win Back Physical Custody Of Sons (For Now)

Written by admin. Posted in Custody Battle

In a shocking new development, OK! has learned exclusively that Britney Spears has ended her battle to win back custody of her children, Sean Preston and Jayden James, from ex-husband Kevin Federline.

In an exclusive interview with OK!, Kevin’s attorney Mark Vincent Kaplan says both Britney and Kevin reached and signed off on a settlement in their custody case today.

Kaplan tells OK!, “At about 8 p.m. PT, a final settlement in the Kevin Federline-Britney Spears custody case was signed. All parties have agreed to the following: Kevin will retain sole legal and physical custody of Sean Preston and Jayden James. Britney will continue to have visitation rights which may increase over time. The agreement will be presented to the court in the morning for approval by the commissioner.”

Kaplan adds, “Kevin is ecstatic and the boys are thriving.”

Britney, who remains under the legal conservatorship of her father Jamie Spears, lost custody of her sons to Kevin last October. At the time she had visitation privileges but they were severely restricted following her January hospitalization for psychiatric evaluation.

She currently has monitored visitation with her sons two days a week and one overnight.

Source: OK! Magazine

This is really sad, but obviously Britney and her lawyers think it’s the best decision for now.  Who knows what would have happened if this went to court next month, she could have ended up losing visitation.  It will be better for her to fight it out it in court after the conservatorship has ended.

Sean Garrett Talks More About Working With Britney

Written by admin. Posted in Circus

Britney Spears is attempting yet another comeback: Reps have confirmed that she is at work on the follow-up to 2007’s Blackout. A statement from Jive Records and Spears’ manager Larry Rudolph says that “Britney Spears is spending her summer in the recording studio, working with a team of top-notch producers and songwriters. We’re very excited about what she’s accomplished so far.”

So is Sean Garrett, who happens to be one of those producers. “We’re trying to take her stuff to the next level,” he tells EW.com. “I’m going to come up with something crazy for her.”

Spears has sold 83 million albums worldwide in her career, but Blackout only went platinum in the U.S., likely due to declining CD sales and her status as last year’s most permanent tabloid fixture. But Garrett — who’s also worked with Usher, Beyoncé, and Chris Brown — welcomes the challenge. “I like to work on an artist when they count them out…and bring them back.”

Source: Entertainment Weekly

Rumour: Madonna Wants To Perform With Britney & Justin

Written by admin. Posted in Comeback, Rumours

Forget Alex Rodriguez, Madonna wants a different man. And woman! According to The Sun, the site that broke the exclusive of the Britney-Madonna cameo first, Madonna has ulterior motives as to why she wants Britney to cameo and possibly appear at a few shows for her “Sticky & Sweet” world tour – to reunite with Justin! Duh!

“[Madonna] is desperate to get JT on stage too,” says a source. “Justin was heavily involved in the recording of Madge album Hard Candy and she wants him to perform one of their duets from the CD. Madge’s dream is to shock the world with JT and Britney – whose four-year relationship ended in 2002 – appearing on the same stage at her final US date in Miami in November.”

A source revealed: “Madonna is always trying to raise the bar and Britney and Timberlake on the same stage would be perfect. They have both been asked but I think both are a bit reluctant. Britney would find it all a bit emotional and JT might not fancy it. More likely is that they both appear on different dates.

Source: The Sun