UK Chart Update For Week Ending April 20th

Written by admin. Posted in Charts

“Break The Ice” climbs 8 places this week to #15 in the official UK singles chart after the physical release.  Unfortunately, this is Britney’s lowest charting single to date in the UK, after “I Love Rock ‘N’ Roll” peaked at #13 back in 2002.

On a more positive note, “Blackout” shoots up 18 places to #25 this week in the official albums chart.

• crystal

think the video has really let the song down. amazing song but isn’t really that interesting on the music channels. also was released alot later than when it was first heard so i guess people have managed to get their hands on it already! still shes doing great :] go britney

#15 ain’t a bad spot and it can still go up more. Hopefully to top ten. Plus seeing the album shoot up some is always cool. I still don’t get why people hate the video so much. I love it! Of course I’m not a big mainstream music fan so my opinion might differ drastically to those that are. Plus the fact I love anime so the style appeals to me based some off that doesn’t hurt either. Oh well.

Go Britney!

Somethin tells me that Larry is preparing britney for a toxic-like 4th video….Well, anything’s possible..

I believe that this is to do with the video, i was a little upset when i heard that BTI climbed to No.15. I know that it’s still a reasonable chart position but BTI is one of my favourite tracks on the album and should have been atleast 10 places higher. I personally liked the video but alot of people i know, who are not really Britney fans but like her music, didn’t like the video. It seems that the majority of people are influenced by the appearence of Britney herself rather then an anime version. I also feel that larry is getting Britney ready for an awesome video. We’ll have to wait and see. Love you Brit xoxox

• Laura

I think that it was a wrong choice for a 3rd single. The thrid single should have been Radar, which is a great pop song and likenothing on the radio right now. Clifton with all due respect, Britney is as mainstream as it gets so if you are a Britney fan you are a fan of mainstream music.

Yes but only a small selection of mainstream music(most of which hardly gets played on MTV these days). Most of it I can’t stand. Definitely not enough to consider myself a mainstream fan.

• BEN

i think itl rise a couple of places next weak. but the blackout news is great!!!
    bti is no 7 in ireland
    blackout is no 13

• MJR

Yeah I agree, Radar should have been the 3rd single! It would give reputation for Britney back, as Toy Soider is abit like ‘do somethin’ which I don’t think shows britneys tallent!

• dadi

it will be a top ten hit in the uk and actually piece of me is n”40 in the uk this week

• Dman

I think the music vid 4 a song has a bit of an influence in wat happens wit a song bt not THAT much that it causes a song 2 lose top ten position. Im sure bti wil get ther so quit bashin the bti vid. Its reali funky i think. Duno y bti nt havin the same effect as gimme or pom and its a hot song. But brits got stiff competition nw wit madonnas new stuf cumin out wich also sounds awesum. Bt ya brit wil b wat madonna is. LEGENDARY! Rock and roll hall of fame here we cum!

• Will

I agree with the above about the britney anime vid for BTI. Although it shows a fresh new direction fro Britney (remember Madge’s Get together vid ?) it just didn’t capture the public’s eye like any of her other great vid’s re- Overprotected / My Perogative etc.
    It’s fantastic news the album has reached it’s highest entry in the UK. Here in Ireland Blackout has been in the Top 20 since it’s release.
    On another note, i heard a rumour that the fouth release off the album Will be Radar not Toy Soldier as was hoped, plus Britney is to direct the new video towards the summer !!
    Can anyone confirm this?

• Will

Sorry, should have said Blackout is at it’s highest placing in the UK charts since it’s first week of release where it debuted at #2.
    Let’s hope it’s top 20 least next week

That’s good that both the single and the album climbed up the charts.