Britney Discharged From UCLA Mental Hospital

Written by admin. Posted in Personal Issues

Pop singer Britney Spears was released from a psychiatric ward at the UCLA Medical Center today after nearly a week of treatment.

It was unclear where she was going, but sources said she might head to one of her homes before seeking additional treatment.

Unlike the spectacle surrounding her trip to the Westwood medical facility last week, she slipped out with relatively little fanfare. A private security detail escorted her in contrast to last week when more than a dozen Los Angeles police officers escorted Spears to the hospital via motorcade.

The LAPD said they took that step after increasingly aggressive tactics by paparazzi have forced them to take costly precautions. Authorities said she was headed home before seeking additional treatments.

Her release comes after Spears’ mother, in court documents, said her daughter’s self-described friend and manager exerted near-total control over the singer, cutting her phone lines, taking away her cellphone chargers, disabling her vehicles and grinding up pills to place in her food. Spears’ mother alleges in a restraining order against the man.

Spears’ mother made the allegations in a request for a restraining order against the manager, Sam Lutfi. The restraining order, approved Friday and released by the court Tuesday, bars Lutfi from coming within 250 yards of the singer.

Spears’ father and an attorney have been granted temporary conservatorship over Spears and her estate. According to sources, a grand theft report was filed by Spears’ father, Jamie Spears, after the singer was taken to the UCLA hospital last week.

The grand theft report alleges that paintings, jewelry and other valuables were taken from his daughter’s Coldwater Canyon home. A limited number of people had access to the home in that period, sources said.

Source: LA Times

• Whatever

I am so pissed off right now that words cannot even describe. She could NOT have gotten the help she needed within a week. And ALREADY there are reports of her taking pictures of the paparazzi with her CELL PHONE while she is driving. WONDERFUL. She is going to cause a fucking wreck and possibly kill someone with her erratic behavior. I have ZERO sympathy for Britney. None. And how the hell her mother and father could let her be out driving around is beyond me. All they would have to do is say no, and she goes into her stupid-ass self throwing a shit fit and boom, they could have her put right back into the hospital. But oddly enough, they don’t seem to be around. Sam Lutfi is only a piece of shit and I hope that if he violates the restraining order his ass gets thrown into jail. It really is too bad that her boys are going to grow up to see this and see how their mother really acts. Ridiculous. A week IS long enough to start thinking clearly again and thinking of the welfare of her kids, but obviously she doesn’t give a shit. I am tired of hearing about her and her stupid paparazzi boyfriends. Screw her.

• Laura

This is the worst news and she is already out driving aimlessly as usual. I just don’t know what to think anymore.

• Billy

What is the difference between before she went to the hospital and now? For one, her parents filed a restraining order against Sam Lufti. They are intervening and actually showing an interest in their daughter’s problems. Secondly, Britney has been put through a detoxification at the hospital to rid her body of her former medication, so she might try a new medication, that might show better results. Hopefully she will continue treatment with her current psychiatrist (who seems to have Britney’s best interest in mind), if not for herself, then for visitation rights with her children. Hopefully she won’t be seeing Adnan again. Time will tell what she will choose to do. I’m definitely still rooting for her.

I agree wit u Laura and somewhat of wut u said billy. Personally… I don’t think she is takin dis as serious as people think she is. She driving around wit felipe (her other paparazzi boy toy… wuteva) 4 nothin when she should be @ home. U just got out of a psych ward. Ur crazy as hell and ur drivin around doin nothin. I think she just wanna b seen. I think dis wuz anotha big ass mistake… Less than 6 hours and she’s already back 2 her usual antics. I honestly just wanna give up on her ass, I don’t kno wut 2 think n-e more or wut 2 do if there ain’t gonna b a change in her… *sigh*

What little faith these so called “fans” have. I swear she just got released and you’re already assuming the worse. Why do you even come here? Just give up on her. It’s not like she’s cares if a few morons stop liking her. And personally I wouldn’t mind having to hear your crap anymore. And I can tell you exactly what to think, that you’re idiots, that you have no business on a fansite, and in Mimi’s case you need to learn how to spell. So just leave. Then when all of this crap is finally over and everything is good again you can come crawling back talking a bunch of crap about how you always believed in her. And I know you will because that’s what people like you always do.

Now on to other things. I personally thought Britney would stay longer then this and would prefer that she did but I’m not gonna freak. Because unlike some people I wanna actually see what happens before I start running my mouth. This is a critical moment when fans should show the most support. And that’s exactly what I’m going to continue to do.

• Laura

Clifton
    I still love Britney but I cannot support her actions. You say we should wait and see what happens, I am waitinfg but I am not liking what I am seeing. She got out of the hospital earlier than expected and instead of staying home, like a normal person, she drives aimlessly around town with twenty paparazzi cars behind her and a chopper up above. Can you honestly tell me that this looks good?

• lance

There’s no hope anymore.. Britney is going to commit suicide in a month….

O ~N~ by da way Clifton… I’m gonna take a wild guess here… ok! and say dat u must not b american and probably neva heard slang or kno 2 shorten words or u could b a person who just speaks proper english all da time. I wuz born in MANHATTAN, NEW YORK ~N~ RAISED IN HOUSTON, so if u go (dere) or THERE… (wuteva) or WHATEVER. dats… I mean damn I’m sorry THAT’S wut or (WHAT) U will hear and probably see in writin ( add the G if u like) if your talkin [again add da i mean (THE) G if u (YOU) like]. I Kno (add W) how 2 spell. I kno (W) how to read and write. I Graduated high SCHOOL. I’m a freshmen in college…. ok! So… dis or I’m sorry (THIS) is not school its not my work, I’m not being graded and dis is not my job. Dis is a blog, fansite. U don’t have 2 write n-e thing (ANYTHING) properly!!! OK!… AND LAURA’S RIGHT AGAIN HER ACTIONS RIGHT NOW ARE NOT LOOKIN GOOD 4 HER….

U CAN’T HELP BUT WORRY ABOUT HER LIFE ~N~ THINK DAT SHE MIGHT KILL HERSELF OR BE KILLED BY SUM ONE ELSE LIKE SAM OR THOSES OTHER DAMN HOUNDS. I FEAR 4 HERE…. IT’S SAD, ~N~ I THINK SHE WOULD BE BETTER OFF IN DA HOSPITAL OR IN KENTWOOD, BUT SHE SHOULD SNEAK AWAY IF SHE DOES DO DAT AND NOT SAY N-E THNG ABOUT IT 2 N-E ONE!!! BUT DATS DA OBVIOUS PLACE SHE’LL GO!!! SHE SHOULD GO 2 CANADA, NOBODY WOULD THINK DAT. RIGHT?????????????

Damn it britney back wit adnan. what da hell!!Get through your damn head he’s the ENEMY… girl!!! He does not give a damn about her….

Hey guys gotta go 2 TMZ.COM right now and check out theses videos.Theses people are fuckin gonna KILL HER or SOMEONE ELSES. Its not safe U mutha fucka’s needa get a real job! Celebrities are like everyone else they’re just rich (My uncles rich as hell I don’t see no no followin his ass, why is it different) except the moochers (i mean business partners) dat want his money)… CHECK OUT THE ONES DAT SAY!!!!!…. (Link below)

* BRITNEY’S CRAZY CAR CHASE TO THE BEVERLY HILLS HOTEL

* BRITNEY OUT, ALREADY SURROUNDED

BRITNEY VISITS HER OLD STOMPING GROUNDS

BITCHY BRITISH BRITNEY STILL LINGERS

THE 1ST 2 ARE THE MOST INTENSE ESPECIALLY THE 1ST ONE. U GUYS HAVE 2 CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Nicole

i think you should all get over yourselves n leave poor britney alone. shes going through rough times and im sure every one else is too and im sure if you were you wouldnt want the whole fucking world to know it either. sick people

Yea clifton i agree with u, everyone who is a so called Brit fan and is sayin they can’t support her and everythin just needs to leave this fan site and leave Brit and her TRUE fans alone. I’m gonna wait and see, but i don’t like this i don’t think she was ready to leave the hospital, but i will def. hope for the best. LOVE YA BRIT!!!!

• ben

lol guys i hate to have to state the obvious… but being a fan of Britney is VERY hard during this period in her life…

lol… I’ve been a fan since day one, and the way she supposedly treats her fans leaves a lot to be desired…. (i.e. reports from when she was shopping with adnan, and a girl asked for her photo she turned around and said “listen bitch, i dont know who the fuck you think i am! but im not that girl” ummmmm… thats pretty harsh (and i know thats only what the media is saying, but it was also the media saying months ago that she had bi-polar.. and we were all like yeah watever 🙂

I’ve stuck by Britney through all the crap so far, and all I am saying is that if, after this 2nd stay in hospital, she doesn’t get proper treatment, then theres no longer any hope for her… And I will at LEAST stop caring enough to do things like send my pic in for the cover of Piece of Me … which of course didn’t get released in the end (and yes i was on the cover, so im pretty pissed off)

I think because she is “Britney” (hello she only needs one name) she obviously doesn’t consider her life to be like real?u know like she is an icon, almost like a fictional character, therefore the rules that we all adhere to in living real life, she doesn’t feel she needs to.

lol sorry about my bad writing, i just get passionate and write so quickly…. oooh all this frustration inside… i wanna slap her face and say “snap out of it”

if only she had some real friends who cared about her, the way that the people on here care about her!!!

P.S I do still love Britney, and HATE what the world has done to her…
    But my life is stressful enough without having to worry whether my idol will still be alive tomorrow or not 🙁

Ben