"Break The Ice" Promo CDS Released; Next Single?

Written by admin. Posted in Blackout, Comeback

bti_cover.JPG

Despite media reports that “Hot As Ice” was Britney’s next single, it now seems that “Break The Ice” will be the song the world will be listening to for the next few months.

A promo CD has been sent out, including the album version and instrumental. Unfortunately, there’s no radio edit, which I think the song needs to be a single.

Another hint that it’s the next single is that the song jumped 201 places in a day to #91 on the Mediabase US radio airplay chart.

Note that the single cover isn’t confirmed, but the one above was added to eBay shortly after the CDS leaked.

That’s cool, “Break the Ice” is an awesome song, lol duh all the “Blackout” songs are awesome, but i think “Hot as Ice” would make a better single and video, but oh well, “Break the Ice” will be sweet as a single and video too.

• Billy

Yeah, I like all of the songs on blackout too. I think Break The Ice would be good for a single, but almost all the songs have the potential to be hits in my opinion, so I guess it doesn’t matter. I kinda wish she would’ve taken a new picture for the single cover, though, but I guess its okay. I can’t wait to see her next video!

• Kelly

I am so HAPPY To hear this!! Break the Ice is like a classic dance song – it has a great hook, and a MASSIVE sound. Its going to storm up the charts into the Top 10 – and I LOVE it. Its one of my favorite songs on Blackout and Britney really needs to serve up an awesome video with some hot choreography that we have missed from her so much! Hot as Ice is okay, but not as memorable as Break the Ice. Toy Soldier is still the best song on the album, and really needs to be released as a single. Would love to see Britney perform Break the Ice sometime soon!!

• Griff

Hot as Ice is not a good radio single sorry to say. Its kinda cheesy, EVERYONE has been saying Break the Ice is gonna be a smash and its obvious. Z100 has been playing it A LOT! 5 stations picked it up in the last couple days also including Boston. BTI is an excellent choice I knew this was gonna be huge the first time I heard it.

“Hot as Ice” is not a cheesy song, it’s a great song, i do believe “Break the Ice” is agreat song too though.

• Micheal

I think Toy Soldier would do better

“BREAK THE ICE” WOULD BE A BETTER SINGLE. IT’S MUCH STRONGER, ALTHOUGH “HOT AS ICE” WOULD BE A BETTER VIDEO… U COULD BE MORE CREATIVE WITH DAT 1. HOT AS ICE IF RELEASED COULD EASILY BE 4GOTTEN AS A SINGLE, BUT I LIKE DAT SONG. BREAK THE ICE WOULD HAVE 2 BE A TIGHT ASS VIDEO. WHEN I HEAR THE SONG I THINK SEXY AND POWERFUL DANCE MOVES LIKE 4RM “SLAVE, STRONGER, OR CRAZY.” I HOPE SHE WAITS 2 MAKE A VIDEO 4 DAT, WHEN SHE’S A LIL STRONGER ~N~ IN HER RIGHT MIND…

BUT THEN AGAIN YA’LL NEVA KNO THE “HOT AS ICE” ROUTINE COULD BE FOR “BREAK THE ICE”. SHE COULD HAVE JUST USE H.A.I. 2 THROW PEOPLE OFF TRACK CUZ SHE WANTED IT 2 BE A SURPRISE “AND SOMETHIN DIFFERENT”

Well, okay…but i wanna hear SonyBmg saying somethin about this….

• Canwen

i hope that it’s true …..
    “Break the ice” will be a smash hit if Britney ‘s gonna shoot a swell music video with incredible dance moves and do lots of promotions as well as performance.

Yea Canwen don’t get your hopes up…

brit brit just got amitted into the psych ward again. yea danny were ur shit about dat. its all over da news

Dat psychiatrist is good. Its about damn time hope she fuckin gets the proper help. she has fallen so hard

Temp. commited

• Jennifer

I like that song over “Hot As Ice”. It’s better. Good choice, Brit.

• Kristian

Maybe she´ll release them both.

• Billy

Yeah, Britney went to the hospital again. She went willingly, though.

• Danny

mimi, i was at uni 9-5, i dont sit at my computer 24/7 waiting for britney news to happen, haha

• griff

ubritney.com is reporting that HOI will be released overseas while BTI will be released here and there will be a video for each song. Don’t know how reliable that is, but HOI would probably do better overseas than it would here in the states. BTI is a fantastic single though, the most radio friendly since Toxic.

• Danny

i dont believe that, i think thats just a guess seen as both songs have been mentioned to be released next

Mimi freakin leave Danny alone, he has the news on there now, give the guy a break, he has only more important things to do then sit in fron of the computer all day, and he runs this site pretty damn well if u ask me.

• Crazytowel

Hot as Ice is a fantastic track, but i know that it wouldn’t get a lot of airplay in the UK. Break the Ice would be a better choice because its more Radio friendly, and with a great video, a little promotion and a radio edit it could do brillaintly world wide. Heaven on Earth would be the best single choice for The UK, it would get a hell of a lot of airplay and could have an amazing video!

• ben

^^ i think so 2

• ben

heaven on earth sucks 🙂

it sounds like paris hilton haha

break the ice would be hot, has such a pretty bridge…

Heaven on Eaarth doesn’t suck, that song is awesome, it’s my second fav song on “Blackout”.

• Griff

GO BREAK THE ICE!! This song is really taking off also, for only adding one station in the last couple days the spins have been up +23, which is pretty huge. This song will be big as soon as POM has run its course. I noticed how New York couldnt wait to put this song into rotation even before POM was released and now POM is pretty much non existant on the radio, and BTI will soon just bombard the charts. I would find BTI very hard to do bad on radio! GO BTI!! ITS A SMASH!!

• medo

i love that song
    go britney
    we love you

• jordan

Break the ice is the next single,and she ahs been practisng for it and teaching little kids to dance,as part of a get back on track routine.

• Lusho

los singles de Britney deberían ser

1) Gimme more
    2) Piece of Me
    3) Break the Ice
    4) get Naked
    5) Hot as Ice

Y cuando escuché el blackout, supe al tiro que Break the ice saldría de promo…. es coolísima la canción

That’d be all

• imesmerize

Britney has been practising a dance routine for Break The Ice video. 😀
    Im so glad this is being released as a single instead of Hot As Ice, because i really don’t like that one. But the first time i heard Break The Ice i didn’t like it either, it just grew on me so maybe Hot As Ice will.
    I really hope either Heaven On Earth, Get Naked (I Got A Plan), Freakshow, Toy Soldier, or Perfect Lover is the next single single to be released after Break The Ice. 🙂
    Its a shame that Get Back was only released as a bonus track for certain countries to, because i really love this and because it was only released as a bonus track that means it won’t be released as a single, dosen’t it? And dose anybody know why it was only released as a bonus track, because it fitts well with the whole album.

• Manuhe2008

Now, we know that Break The Ice is the third single, I really Love The Video, is so cool and a Fresh of Britney´s Career.

Im love the whole album, but I love a lot GET BACK, for me is the best song of Blackoute, yeah I know is a bonus track but, the album will have a re-realese in june 2008, with this song as a bonus (remeber Get Back was only bonus in Japan), So I hope her record label make the decision to release Get Back as the next single to be realsed after Break The Ice to promote de deluxe edition of Blackout (Good idea or not?)

Also Next Singles must be: Hot As Ice and Toy Soldier!!

• louiee

break the ice was a gd song but it suked in the charts i dnt think itll make a cum bak also jive has announced dat thay wnt release any more songs from blackout and anyway the nxt single was gonna be radar and dat song rulz EVRY BLACKOUT SONG SHOULD BE NO.1

• ????? ??????? ????? ??????

? ? ?? ?????????, ??? ?????? ????? ????? ??????????? ??????. ????? ??????? ?????! ??? ???????! ?????? ???? ????????? – ? ?????? ???.

• ????? ??? ?????

???????? ????. ? ?????? ????? ??? ? ????? ????????????? ??????? ? ??????. ??? ??? ??????? ??????? ????? ??????? – ??????? ?????